Monday, January 11, 2010

Food and Sleep are the anti-dote

Finding food and getting some much needed rest have proven to be the anti-dote for wanting to cancel our trip and immediately return home, or at the very least, to hasten our arrival in New Zealand.

We found a guest house/restaurant literally next door to our house. We ate a shockingly good meal there last night, with one of the most delicious papaya/banana/mango juices I've ever had. Liam drank half of it himself. My only concern was the amount of sweat dripping from our waitress/cooks face... I several times wondered how much of that made it into our food. Regardless, when you are that hungry and tired it matters little. Why we drove all over the island yesterday looking for lunch, I have no idea, although we were are the directive of our seemingly in the know taxi driver. If we have to eat every meal for the next 3 weeks there, we will. Although, I now have hope that we will find other eateries.

We all went comatose for about 9 hours and woke feeling much, much better. The sunrise was pink and blue and glorious. I think we will come to love our little island home, and the "there is nothing to do" feeling it brings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Like your own commercial of "Take me away" Your words relax me. Thank you Brandi for sharing your beautiful trip with us. I know you will love Sydney, make sure you go to the pier were they held the Olympics. I will be following your trip enjoy...I know I will.. Love ya's Cheryl Chapa

    ReplyDelete